During some coaching and psychoanalysis work Paul discovered that he was caught up in a hidden negative mindset trap of which he was previously unaware. In this episode he shares this with you so you can see if you recognise it within yourself and thus benefit from its circumvention. This is the Victim Mindset and he will show you how to become aware of it, the consequences of keeping it and what you can do to get yourself out of it. Welcome to one of the most powerful mindset shifting episodes Paul has ever presented.
- The Victim Mindset can be displayed very obviously but also act in stealth mode, hidden from clear view or even presented as positive and justified.
- The language you use can often be a pointer to this mindset. Cynical, negative, pessimistic, and self deprecating humour use is a big clue.
- This mindset draws you to conflict situations in which you can adopt the role of victim. You compare yourself to others unfavourably and from that conclusion become risk averse and brutally self critical.
- Consider where you have fixed mindsets. Which areas of your life do you limit yourself?
- You’re someone who keeps ignoring your emotional needs. If your waiting to be rescued you are in the role of victim.
- Do you enjoy sharing tragedy with other people?
- Are you a people pleaser that resents the fact it is not returned to you?
- Do you believe you are unlucky?
- Our relationships from childhood often inform the victim mindset but being aware of this and letting go of unnecessary burdens can circumvent this.
- Resisting the present moment and saying it should be different comes from the victim mindset.
- Remember, we can all be victims in extreme circumstances and that does require care and compassion.
‘The victim mindset changes the way you view the world and it tends to create a little lens where you look at life from a ‘poor you’ perspective.’
‘And then they made a decision. “I am not a joke”.’
‘Remember, awareness is the key. So if you resonate with any of this, time to do something about it.’
‘A fixed mindset is where you create rigid rules on how your mind works. Very limiting.’
‘Failure is devastating to the victim mindset, a fixed mindset. It’s not seen as the learning curve that’s essential for growth.’
‘I found out things about my father that I never knew, and whilst it doesn’t excuse his behaviour he let me into his world and I got to understand more about him than I’d ever done in the fifty years I’d spent on this planet.’
‘Trauma also heals when we learn to change the narrative that can come from the experience that was traumatic.’
Contact Sam Higgins firstname.lastname@example.org
NUMIND WELLNESS OFFER – 20% DISCOUNT AVAILABLE WITH THIS CODE
https://numindwellness.com/ use Code: PAUL20
ABOUT THE HOST
Paul is well known for his holistic therapy and coaching approach when working with anxiety, stress, confidence, and motivation, understanding, and treating the root causes and surrounding issues
He has a passion for understanding how the mind works and has been trained in many therapies. He is an Integrative Hypnotherapist, Life Coach, NLP Practitioner, IEMT and has also had training in CBT, ACT and Mindfulness
His mission is to share with others the strategies, techniques and perspectives that can have the most positive impact on changing anxiety, stress, low confidence, depression, and motivation.
Working with your mind to become calmer, focused, motivated, confident, and resilient are skills everyone can develop and Paul offers a realistic, direct, and no-nonsense approach that is about creating the change you want to live the life you deserve
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.