Paul talks with Zen Monk and author of ‘The Zen Life’ Alex Mill who has just released a new book ‘A Shift to Love’
Alex explains how Zen practice is compassionate self-mentoring with the process evolving and leading to an awareness that can shift everything.
He discusses how our ability to experience ourselves as separate from the voices of egocentricity is the greatest opportunity both personally and for the survival of everything on the planet.
It’s about the life we are choosing to be responsible for and the changes we want to make and this is a fascinating insight into the practice that can help you to put everything together and see more clearly.
- There is a way to create your life differently in a calm and compassionate way.
- Approach the process with kindness and love It’s an ever-evolving process and practice that is very powerful
- Zen is all about the awareness because it’s this that can shift everything around
- The process of practice is putting it all together and seeing how it works and when you become masterful you are able to see everything
- The ability we have at the crossroads is being able to prioritise the steps
- We are responsible for our experience of life and our experience is neutral it’s the story we put around it that can be negative and debilitating
- The responsibility lies in doing something proactive to change things, it’s shifting from being debilitated to being empowered
- The conditioned mind operates in something wrong, not enough and often we are completely unaware of how we contribute to the world
- Our ability to experience ourselves as separate from the voices of egocentricity is the greatest opportunity both personally and for the survival of everything on the planet
- It’s not just the individual but the ripple effect with those around them
- There is a way to have it all, when you take action for yourself you become a role model for others
- Zen is a process of cleaning up karma both personally and universally, taking responsibility to leave something good for others
‘Having all those opinions doesn’t stop a war or feed a child’
‘You suffering over the suffering in the world helps nobody it just adds one more suffering person to the pile’
‘We need to shift out of where we have been to what is the possibility of becoming’
‘It is a parallel track for you and those around you’
RESOURCES FOR THIS EPISODE
NUMIND WELLNESS OFFER – 20% DISCOUNT AVAILABLE WITH THIS CODE
https://numindwellness.com/ use Code: PAUL20
ABOUT THE HOST
Paul is well known for his holistic therapy and coaching approach when working with anxiety, stress, confidence, and motivation, understanding, and treating the root causes and surrounding issues
He has a passion for understanding how the mind works and has been trained in many therapies. He is an Integrative Hypnotherapist, Life Coach, NLP Practitioner, IEMT and has also had training in CBT, ACT and Mindfulness
His mission is to share with others the strategies, techniques and perspectives that can have the most positive impact on changing anxiety, stress, low confidence, depression, and motivation.
Working with your mind to become calmer, focused, motivated, confident, and resilient are skills everyone can develop and Paul offers a realistic, direct, and no-nonsense approach that is about creating the change you want to live the life you deserve
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.